Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
Usyou are here: / News & Insights / CAE Associates & ANSYS Host Seminar for the Engineering & Construction Industry
CAE Associates & ANSYS Host Seminar for the Engineering & Construction IndustryMarch 12, 2010
On March 11, CAE Associates and ANSYS, Inc. collaborated to host "Advances in Simulation for the Engineering & Construction Industry in New York City. The seminar featured a discussion of role of engineering simulation for innovation in these industries and also featured a presentation on High Performance Computing and by Microsoft.
With more complex designs, stringent safety requirements and increasing energy concerns, designing or improving commercial structures is a critical engineering challenge. Whether trying to achieve LEED certification or demonstrate structural survivability, companies that innovate with new thinking and technology will lead the way.
Topics of discussion included:
- Green buildings and energy efficiency (LEED): offices, atria, data centers, public buildings, underground trains and stations
- Specialist design/analysis considerations: seismic response, soil structure interaction, nonlinear response of large, complex structures
- Civil/Structural/Geotechnical engineering: building, bridge, foundation and tunnel design, construction simulation and code checking
- Wind engineering: pressure mapping, pedestrian comfort, structural loading
- Fire and safety: fire modeling, smoke transport, fire suppression, structural resilience
- Homeland security: blast response, progressive collapse, chemical and biological gas spread
Click here to download a copy of the presenation given at this seminar, which explores the benefits of using ANSYS software to perform analyses in the Engineering and Construction industry.
If you would like information regarding the topics discussed at this seminar, please contact Christina Capasso at CAE Associates at (203) 758-2914.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software