Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
CivilFEM Releases v12 for ANSYSAugust 24, 2009
CAE Associates is proud to announce the release of version 12 of CivilFEM for ANSYS. CivilFEM is an integrated Pre- , Solu - and Post-processor add-on to traditional ANSYS developed by ANSYS’s Spain distributor INGECIBER. CivilFEM and ANSYS are ISO-9001 certified. The new capabilities available in v12 are summarized below.
CivilFEM 12.0 Enhancements:
- Utility to design large 3-D models using the Solid to Shell approach.
- Enhancements in Seismic response spectra with variable damping values.
- Offsets in shell elements.
- Algebraic combinations: calculation of all possible load states.
- Interaction diagrams can be exported to data files (ASCII/HTML).
- CivilFEM Results files (RCV) can be greater than 8GB in size.
- Automated generation of bridges with box section using shell elements (Bridges and Civil Nonlinearities Module).
- Pre and Post-tensioned tendons may be defined independently from a support beam (Pre-Stressed Concrete Module).
- Pre-stressing tendons can be modeled on shell elements models (Pre-stressed Concrete Module).
- Cam-Clay Material law is available (Geotechnical and Foundations Module).
- Enhancements have been made to the Tunneling wizard (Geotechnical and Foundations Module).
- Enhancements have been made to the Retaining wall wizard (Geotechnical and Foundations Module).
- ACI 349-01 (CivilFEM NPP).
- ACI 359-4 (CivilFEM NPP).
- ANSI AISC N690-94 (CivilFEM NPP).
- ANSI AISC N690-06 (LRFD/ASD) (CivilFEM NPP).
- ASME B&PV Code Section III, Subsection NF (CivilFEM NPP).
- AISC ASD 9th edition (CivilFEM NPP).
- Iter Structural Design Code (CivilFEM NPP).
- EHE-08 code.
- Eurocode 2 2008.
- Eurocode 3 2005.
- Eurocode 8 2004.
- One can Import old databases from version 5.7.1 to 12.0.
For more information about CivilFEM and CAE Associates, please contact us.
For over 25 years, CAE Associates has provided Structural, Thermal and Fluid engineering consulting and is one of the original ANSYS and CivilFEM Channel partners. CAE Associates is the US leader in ANSYS Finite Element Training and also provides custom training for both ANSYS and CivilFEM.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software