Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
Usyou are here: / Resources / Accurate FEA of Engineering Plastics - Plastic Part Analysis Demonstration
Accurate FEA of Engineering Plastics - Plastic Part Analysis Demonstration
This demonstration showing how to analyze plastic parts using finite element analysis was given by Patrick Cunningham at CAE Associates' Accurate FEA of Engineering Plastics seminar, held on October 14, 2014 in Tarrytown, NY.
The presentation used in this demo is available for download, above.
Consider a “highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system” like the one shown.
Using FEA we can:
- Determine the amount of force required to push Lego Man’s foot onto a brick.
- Determine the deformation and resulting stress in both parts.
- Evaluate the sensitivity of the design to manufacturing variances.
- Evaluate the sensitivity of the design to material property variances.
- Evaluate the response of the design under different environmental conditions that can effect the material response.
- All this can be done with FEA provided that you have appropriate material properties assigned to the elements.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software