Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
What Happens After the Software Purchase
We are regularly told by our client companies that the decision to choose ANSYS software was easy, but what brought the real value of that investment is the quality of the support from the knowledgeable staff at CAE Associates. Although it may take weeks or even months to choose the correct software, your support relationship lasts infinitely longer and has much more impact on your success.
CAE Associates Qualifications:
CAE Associates was incorporated as an engineering consulting company in 1981 and was chosen by ANSYS in 1985 to be one of the original four channel partners, exclusively responsible for ANSYS sales and hotline support in our region of the country.
Since then, we have established a reputation as a quality service provider to many large and small corporations. CAE Associates provides advanced engineering analysis services: FEA and CFD consulting services, ANSYS software sales, support, and training to a broad range of industries including aerospace, automotive, biomedical, nuclear, electronics, construction and consumer products.
We are completely focused on engineering simulation and serve our clients’ needs through a combination of:
- FEA and CFD Consulting Services
- Sales of the ANSYS Suite of Engineering Software, including CFX and FLUENT
- Expert Technical Support Services
- Training Customized to Our Clients’ Engineering Applications
- Mentoring Programs to Maximize Implementation Efficiency
Our expertise in these 5 key areas sets us apart from our competitors. It is our policy that all engineers at CAE Associates perform a combination of consulting, training, and ANSYS technical support. This approach serves to broaden their scope, helping them to see the big picture from the client’s perspective. For our customers, this means that the engineers who are training or supporting them have real-world practical experience with the subject matter. The inter-mixing of these disciplines, combined with advanced (M.S. or Ph.D.) degrees in engineering, and on average over 15 years of practical industry experience, provides our clients with a very unique combination of skills at their disposal.
CAE Associates’ capabilities have been recognized by ANSYS, Inc. along with many other major corporations who rely on engineering simulation to stay ahead of the competition:
- CAE Associates is a world leader in finite element training. We teach more than 1500 hours of training classes annually for over 400 engineering personnel at various companies, and are the exclusive ANSYS training provider for Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
- ANSYS, Inc. has chosen CAE Associates to develop a variety of training seminars which have been used to train engineers throughout the world. These have included Introduction to ANSYS, ANSYS Heat Transfer, and Substructuring with ANSYS.
- CAE Associates was chosen to develop and teach a Finite Element Analysis Best Practices seminar by both the U.S. Army Research Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC) and by United Technologies Corporation. These two seminars have evolved into the class we currently teach at our training facility as well as on-site at companies throughout the country.
- CAE Associates has been recognized as FEA and ANSYS experts by GE Aircraft Engines, GE Energy, and GE Global Research. Since 1985 these organizations have selected CAE Associates to provide exclusive hotline technical support and training to all their engineers. In addition, we provide ANSYS technical support and training for well over 100 different companies in our region.
Personal Support Services:
It is often stated that “CAE Associates not only teaches you how the software works, they teach you how to work with the software”. Our goal is to provide ANSYS technical support to each new customer at the same high level that we provide to all the customers we currently support. We provide this service in a fast and efficient manner in order to improve the quality and quantity of engineering analysis produced by engineers.
- Our support lines are manned by graduate-level (M.S., Ph.D.) engineers with many years of training and practical industry experience in turbo machinery, nuclear, biomedical, etc. They are also the same people who teach the training classes, thereby maintaining continuity between support and training. We do not have “application” engineers handling the call.
- With few exceptions, when an engineer or local coordinator calls us they are not funneled through an automated help desk, but will talk to an experienced engineer immediately. For many problems, the solution is provided on the first call, and all calls are usually resolved within a business day.
- CAE Associates staff averages over 15 years of ANSYS training and support and we have very low turnover. This means that an engineer fielding the call is very likely familiar with the types of analyses our customer is conducting. This level of continuity minimizes the up-front time required to explain the basics and the caller can get right to the question at hand.
- Our support goes beyond answers to specific questions about commands and menu-clicks. We try to understand what the caller is trying to achieve and suggest alternative methods if we believe they will increase efficiency or robustness of the solution.
- We field over 4,000 support calls each year and regularly incorporate common questions into our training classes to ensure that clients are benefitting from the latest knowledge base.
Description of Support Services:
CAE Associates' basic approach to technical support is to help engineers solve their problems most efficiently using ANSYS. We do this by answering specific questions and providing explanations of standard software installation and intended software feature usage, offering modeling suggestions, providing additional documentation, test cases, and references when they are available.
CAE Associates ANSYS support also includes:
- Helping engineers make ANSYS modeling decisions based on the physical description of the problem.
- A liaison with ANSYS development to facilitate bug reporting and code enhancements.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software